Rwanda’s COVID-19 confirmed cases climb to 50

Share This Content

The number of people who have tested positive for COVID-19 in Rwanda has climbed to 50 up from 41 reported previously, the Ministry of Health said on Thursday.

In a statement, the ministry said the nine new patients include five travellers who were isolated upon arrival from Dubai, and one traveller who arrived in the country from the US.

Others include one traveller who arrived from the Netherlands and is a contact of a previously confirmed positive traveller under isolation and two contacts of previously confirmed travellers under isolation.

Urging heightened vigilance, the ministry noted that all patients remain under treatment in stable condition, isolated from other patients.

It also said that the tracing of all contacts has been conducted for further management.

Rwanda last Saturday announced stricter measures to be implemented for the next two weeks in a bid to curb the spread of coronavirus, banning unnecessary movements of residents and ordering border closure.

Appearing on Rwanda Television on Thursday, the health minister Dr Daniel Ngamije said the first patients to be registered were making good progress toward recovery.

Share This Content

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *