Kenya confirms first COVID-19 death

Share This Content

Kenya on Thursday registered first death of a patient who had tested positive for COVID-19, the Ministry of Health said.

In a statement, the ministry said the 66-year-old male Kenyan patient passed on in the afternoon after being admitted at a Nairobi Hospital.

The deceased was suffering from diabetes had arrived in the country on March 13, 2020 from South Africa, the statement said.

The ministry had earlier Thursday confirmed three more cases that tested positive to COVID-19, bringing the number of confirmed cases so far to 31.

The three cases are all female with two from Kilifi county in the coastal region and one from Nairobi, according Mercy Mwangangi, chief administrative secretary for health.

Mwangangi also revealed that the cases, aged between 30 years and 61 years, had close contacts with the previously confirmed cases.

Share This Content

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *