COVID-19: Kenya’s latest victim is 6-year old as cases rise to 122

Share This Content

A 6-year-old male child is the latest victim to succumb to COVID-19 in Kenya, the health ministry announced on Friday, bringing the total number of those who have succumbed to the virus to four.

Mercy Mwangangi, the chief administrative secretary, also said 12 more cases were confirmed, bringing the total number of COVID-19 cases to 122.

According to Mwangangi, the deceased who had been admitted at Kenyatta National Hospital had other ailments.

Of the new patients 11 are Kenyans and one is Somali national, she told reporters in Nairobi.

She explained that nine of the confirmed cases were detected in four of the designated quarantine facilities, while three were from suspected cases isolated in various health facilities.

Kenyan medics have so far monitored 1,721 contacts and out of this number, 1073 have been discharged, while there are 648 contacts that they are actively tracing currently.

Mwangangi noted 362 tests had been conducted over the past 24 hours from which the new cases were found to be positive.

Share This Content

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *